We are proud to announce that we got awarded the highest three star Good Travel Seal and the Virus Aware Seal. Both awards, provided by the Green Travel Destination, recognizes and rewards our ongoing commitment to sustainability, care for the environment and safety for both our guests and staff.
In addition Longitude 181 Nature honored Scubaqua Dive Center twice with the "Trophy of Eco Friendly Dive Center".
Here are a few of the measures Scubaqua has taken to preserve our environment
- We collect and store rainwater to use for our rinse buckets, our toilets and showers at the dive center.
- We installed solar panels on our roof.
- We provide free fresh water to customers at the dive center and to divers on our boats in an effort to reduce the use of plastic bottles. We also use cups and straws made from recycled cardboard instead of plastic.
- We continually try to educate our divers about responsible behavior, including good buoyancy control.
- We offer low guest-to-guide ratio (max 6:1).
- We also make sure that the divers respect the established marine park rules.
- We only sell and use biodegradable and coral safe sunscreen.
- We hunt for invasive lionfish and turn their fins into unique jewelry.
- We seperate and recycle all our waste.